Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:40 pm 

Just seen this and I guess this will filter down to us someday had to shorten URL sorry
http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/AABMZkT?ocid=se

My pet hate at all standards of football is time wasting. While some of the issues have tried to be addressed by the above. So much more could be done.
Whatever happened to Goal kicks being taken from the side the ball went out.
Goalkeeper taking an age to play the ball without recourse. (SPURS/AJAX)
Whatever happened to giving the ball back instead of leaving it to the other side to retrieve. Or even worse preventing the retrieval of the ball. Call me old fashioned but didn't this used be called ungentlemanly conduct? Some form of action would help prevent all the agro associated with these type of actions.

I heard one idea being considered was to play games of only 60 mins. They have calculated average games only contains 60 mins of in play action. That is 60 mins of the ball in play. Clock to stop when not in play, therefore, no advantage of taking time to throw, kick or whatever is needed. Any thoughts about the above?
Grouchmax

Last edited by grouchmax on Thu May 23, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:09 pm 
Elite Club

Whatever the link was isn’t there now so we can’t read about the new rule changes.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:29 pm 

grouchmax wrote:

That rule hasn't applied for about 30 years.

Last edited by Bacton Buoy on Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 pm 

Time wasting is a pet hate of mine too. It can be embarrassing to watch good footballers pretending to miss control or be unable to catch a ball gently rolled to them, or the sudden desire to take the freekick or throw-in from the exact spot required & checking & rechecking with the officials, it doesn't normally bother them. At least some acting lessons could be taken to make it look at least a bit natural. I am not normally a big critic of refs., but it is strange when they warn players or even book them in added time for time wasting then don't add more time on, it is doing the job for the cheating players. By the same token moaning managers who point at imaginary watches or whinge when the ref doesn't fall for their sides tricks look just pathetic. Doubt if the play acting will ever be completely cut out. The time keeper route would probably be the best answer, but how far down the football ladder would it go as it would lead to more expense for more officials.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:49 pm 

The 5th Searcher wrote:
Whatever the link was isn’t there now so we can’t read about the new rule changes.

try http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/AABMZkT?ocid=se

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm 

Bacton Buoy wrote:
grouchmax wrote:

That rule hasn't applied for about 30 years.

Perhaps they should bring it back

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm 

grouchmax wrote:
Just seen this and I guess this will filter down to us someday had to shorten URL sorry
http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/AABMZkT?ocid=se

My pet hate at all standards of football is time wasting. While some of the issues have tried to be addressed by the above. So much more could be done.
Goalkeeper taking an age to play the ball without recourse. (SPURS/AJAX)
Whatever happened to giving the ball back instead of leaving it to the other side to retrieve. Or even worse preventing the retrieval of the ball. Call me old fashioned but didn't this used be called ungentlemanly conduct? Some form of action would help prevent all the agro associated with these type of actions.

I heard one idea being considered was to play games of only 60 mins. They have calculated average games only contains 60 mins of in play action. That is 60 mins of the ball in play. Clock to stop when not in play, therefore, no advantage of taking time to throw, kick or whatever is needed. Any thoughts about the above?
Grouchmax

updated link sorry guys. My 1st post.