Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:02 pm 

Darren is a Good player, imo he needs a big guy up front with him to win the high balls,Charlie is the only big striker at the moment but I would like to see one more ball winner up front.
But we'll done J&A the squad is shaping up nicely!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm 
Elite Club

Babylon said
Quote:
Darren is a Good player, imo he needs a big guy up front with him to win the high balls,Charlie is the only big striker at the moment but I would like to see one more ball winner up front.

Barry exactly my thoughts when I heard about Darren and the use of Charlie to win the balls and feed him, but that's only if the defence is going to punt it out from the back so I am hoping that with a choice of wingers we can be more creative keep the ball on the deck and feed to Darrens feet or into open spaces for him to run into with his electric pace.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:52 pm 

Look Arthur here. It's gone past post time. But who the hell can complain about anything that is going on. This club is competing on a fair basis with 2 people at the helm who are DFC. I realise I'm pissed and the slagging may still be abound but let's support DFC til the cows come home. Great signings, financially secure, Darts at the helm what more can we want ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:35 am 
Elite Club

Signings so far very encouraging, so much better than the recruiting at same stage last season. On paper we are looking better and better, but it’s a results business. We have not achieved anything yet! Tough league this year,again.

A fresh start and wishing everyone all the best as we build up to the new season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:34 am 
Elite Club

I'm pleased with that. He may work better with Luke than a tall guy up front. Let's hope Charlie get's his act together or Pughie finds that stylish play we know he has. Could work well.
As for the left sided player, how about Greenwood? Runs all game, overlaps and with that mascara, looks pretty damned hot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:36 am 

I can not wait for the start of the season , I think the squad is shaping up superbly and looks very strong . Just another defender or 2 and we are good to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:25 am 

With Luke and Darren we should have plenty of pace upfront but I agree with other supporters who have said a big guy up front in the mode of Jacob Erskine would take the weight off them. I wasn't fully convinced by Charlie last season, he looked like he was playing on an injury. I hope he proves me wrong and scores the goals that made him such a wonderful goal scorer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:45 pm 

When Luke played with Duane we certainly had some exciting and lightning attacks. Darren can match Duane's pace but loses out somewhat in the height stakes and Charlie hasn't exactly got DOA's pace. Still some very good looking signings who hopefully will gel and produce some good and productive football.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:15 pm 

Big Duanne's contract at Woking runs out in 2 weeks
he has been on loan at Whitehawk since February according to the
Internet.
Although he is a bit injury prone he can still be effective
and now that Luke is back .....who knows??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25