Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:01 am 

It was sad to read yesterdays Dartford Messenger and realise the problems our managers are having tempting players to sign for Dartford. We may have the best stadium and facilities and loyal support but players tend to be mercenaries and they will play one club off against another to get the best deal. I suspect we are fishing for players in the same pool as Maidstone, Welling ,Tonbridge, Chelmsford and Ebbsfleet now the Fleets big money days are behind them. We have been fortunate in recent seasons to have had a core group of very loyal players Bradders Lee Noble etc at the club. Our managers may have to be patient to get the right players for Dartford.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:31 am 

I don't like to be negative but both of our managers have managed elsewhere so surely they know that some players are mercenairies.
Unfortunately that is how non league football works.
Early days but we need to learn fast!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 am 

Seen reports Tom B has offers from elsewhere and hasn’t signed yet.
I hope he ignores them and stays with us.
I don’t think a few appreciate this mans quality and how he’s helped Ronnie.
We need this guy.

If there’s any relatives on here of his give him a call please and tell him he’s not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 am 

Fingers crossed Tom signs on again, but if he does decide to move on better to know sooner than later. I suppose Jordan Wynter could partner Ronnie, but extra cover would still be needed.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:28 am 

Ozymandias wrote:
Oh, another favourite of Adam's.

Incorrect. Sam Blackman has never played for Adam and has for the past two season played under Sammy Moore and Jack Midson at Leatherhead and Concord respectively.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:37 pm 
Elite Club

Ask the managers how recruitment is going and they give an honest answer (not making excuses just telling it like it is) - they give no answer there will be questions about lack of progress on the recruitment front.

Can't win really can they?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 pm 

Kentc wrote:
Seen reports Tom B has offers from elsewhere and hasn’t signed yet.
I hope he ignores them and stays with us.
I don’t think a few appreciate this mans quality and how he’s helped Ronnie.
We need this guy.

If there’s any relatives on here of his give him a call please and tell him he’s not going anywhere.

Perhaps our lazy winger could have a word.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm 

Banana Banana why descend to silly derogatory comments.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:22 pm 

Arthur Horsfield wrote:
Banana Banana why descend to silly derogatory comments.

I was quoting his previous post about Ryan being lazy it was a dig at him not Ryan.I think stick and wrong end Arthur.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:46 pm 

Double B. I'm sorry. Arty is a little pissed. Whatever anyone says I'm suggesting for all to stop being football managers. We have a budget, agreed or not yeah !!! Whatever and I mean whatever we should give J and A one million per cent come what may. They are so deep down doing their best. We all know that. If anyone thinks they can do better then apply for the job. why not apply in 10 years time when they have given us there best. In J and A I trust. Sorry peeps but that's how it is. Freedom of speech COYD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next