Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Man of the Match
Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Bailey Vose 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jordan Wynter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dan Johnson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ronnie Vint 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tom Bonner 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elliot Bradbrook 30%  30%  [ 13 ]
Billy Crook 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Ryan Hayes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ben Greenhalgh 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Phil Roberts 60%  60%  [ 26 ]
Charlie Sheringham 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jamie Philpot (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dan Darbyshire (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Andre Coker (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:49 pm 
Elite Club

Also, I know that Jordan has his critics on here, mostly as to where his best position lies. But inside the first minute and a half of the highlights he prevented, in my opinion, a certain goal and another fine/crucial tackle that could have led to a break for St Albans and instead led to a goal for us.
I like Jordan a lot and feel he has given 100% for this club. Good on you lad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:54 pm 
Elite Club

Ozymandias wrote:
Also, I know that Jordan has his critics on here, mostly as to where his best position lies. But inside the first minute and a half of the highlights he prevented, in my opinion, a certain goal and another fine/crucial tackle that could have led to a break for St Albans and instead led to a goal for us.
I like Jordan a lot and feel he has given 100% for this club. Good on you lad.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I think Wynter's done pretty well for us but clearly his defensive qualities are his real strongpoint. I do think we've got a decent squad now, we just need a bit of consistency.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 pm 
Elite Club

3 pts most welcome as ever, no matter how! Including a rocket, net buster and late tricky lob. Welcome to the latest newbies. They seem to be some of the ones we have been hoping for.
As constructive criticisms, need to work on defending dead ball situations tightly (e.g. The 2nd equaliser!) Throw ins tend to end up with the opposition attacking immediately!
Sadly, ex promising Dart Richard Sho - Silva has been out with a cruciate injury. Best Wishes Richard!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:53 am 
Elite Club

A very enjoyable match and result. I was impressed with the set up of the team at the start and good performances all round, particularly Roberts, Crook and the evergreen Bradders.

Why oh why then, did the manager(s) disrupt everything in the second half? Were they on a mission to get Coker on at any cost? With two full backs on the bench, why not bring one on and put Johnson in the middle rather than move Bradders from where he was bossing the midfield and move Greenhalgh from his much more effective wide midfield position? These changes really disrupted our pattern and unneccessarily so. I think we have our own "Tinkerman" in our midst!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 am 

I dont get this sometimes Gents. They won the game yet their decisions are being queried. I might be wrong but surely winning the game in whatever way is vindication of their decisions. Gents I promise im not being argumentative but surely they can't win. I only post this thought as i say not for arguement but i just can't understand what they have to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 am 

I have been critical of our coaches in the past but Credit where credit is due!
The squad is slowly improving and apart from the Welling away debacle whilst we are far from world beaters we have improved from the weak squad that we started the season with.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:40 pm 
Elite Club

They can win Arty, it's just that they seem to make it hard for themselves doing it.
Never mind, we are where I didn't expect us to be. Long may it continue, I think. Onward's to Chelmo. Nice to get a win. He said hopefully.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:35 pm 
Elite Club

Coker always likely to make an appearance as there were two of him on the bench according to our highlights :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm 
Elite Club

Arthur Horsfield wrote:
I dont get this sometimes Gents. They won the game yet their decisions are being queried. I might be wrong but surely winning the game in whatever way is vindication of their decisions. Gents I promise im not being argumentative but surely they can't win. I only post this thought as i say not for arguement but i just can't understand what they have to do.

Arthur, I think there are two reasons for the 'critical' comments - one is that some people just like to moan and the other is that some of us like to demonstrate just how much we understand the game and the minutiae of every action and its consequences.
Enjoyment of a football match doesn't end at the final whistle - it continues to give all week - in discussing what happened on Saturday afternoon, which should take the aficionado through til about Thursday, after which gossip and team selection issues will fill the void until the next kick off. This is why it is called the beautiful game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 pm 

Mr Wubbleyou I think I understand. Anyhow now for me it's on to Saturday and a really difficult game as we know. Had a quick glance at the limited highlights of their match at Slough and obviously they are beatable but we will have to be on our metal.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next