Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Man of the Match
Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Bailey Vose 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jordan Wynter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dan Johnson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ronnie Vint 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tom Bonner 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elliot Bradbrook 30%  30%  [ 13 ]
Billy Crook 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Ryan Hayes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ben Greenhalgh 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Phil Roberts 60%  60%  [ 26 ]
Charlie Sheringham 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jamie Philpot (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dan Darbyshire (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Andre Coker (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 am 

Good to see us return to winning ways, especially given St Albans seem to ne a real bogie side for us. I can't comment on how we played, but we are still in the mix for the play offs. Winning them may prove tough, but the first question is to get there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 am 

Why I thank you Mr Marx. Unbeaten this year. Things are getting exciting with our current league position. If you go down the squad list its full of quality. The bar was once again buzzing after the game. The atmosphere behind the goal was fantastic with Pughy leading the young ultras. A good friend said to me pre season that the place seemed to lack fun and smiling faces anymore. Well that's back and in abundance. It's the best run and loved club in existence. Let's all keep enjoying the ride there may be some disappointments in front of us but this morning at least we can smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 am 
Elite Club

For obvious reasons I want us to overturn our negative goal difference, but with the season almost two-thirds through, it’s not beyond possibility that we won’t. I wonder how often a team in the red goal-wise has finished in a playoff spot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:16 am 

Mikey why cant we. The feeling at the ground is that EVERY Negative we should try and make a positive. That will include the goal difference as well. Always think positive. And the only four figure gate in our division yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:56 am 

Roberts did very well and could be our answer to our lack of goals .
All season we have had strikers who work hard but don't score enough.
I also liked Billy Crook and when Noble returns to join Elliot our midfield should look better .
I have been critical of our squad this season and we are not the finished article but at last we are heading in the right direction
Imho. COYDsss!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 am 

I forgot to mention Elliots " worldy"
Absolutely brilliant!!!
The St Albans keeper was no mug but he got
nowhere near Elliots missile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:03 am 

After Wealdstone, I was surprised that Jamie had to give way to Charlie and not Phil, but he justified himself with a strong 90 minutes being in the right place to crash home Charlie's well-placed and weighted cross from a quick break after Ryan's (I think) through pass. He has an eye for goal and not afraid to go for it. Finished with a clever lob to secure hard-won 3 points when we were looking a bit shaky and desperate to hold on to the 1.

Billy looked assured in midfield linking some good passing and confident enough to take corners from the right, so seems a good signing. Ronnie's head injury disrupted the defence after half-time with Elliott taking his place and Ben pushed back deeper, but even with two recovering fullbacks on the bench, I guess it could have been risky bringing one of them on with St Albans becoming more dangerous, but Andre flattered to deceive again as the substitute. Cracking goal from Elliott.

Good atmosphere at the end mixed with relief, but a much needed confidence boost before the next two games against teams above us. Onwards and upwards!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 am 
Elite Club

Yes! Winning is everything in my book and we did just that against a tricky opponent. Our downfall has been consistency and I see that we have a mini run started, perhaps its all gelling better now so it's all there if we want to grab it, thanks Kevin for posting the goals, one Darts fan in Saudi is happy about this excellent win.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:02 am 
Elite Club

First off, shoddy defending on both goals was Sunday League stuff, with the second a replica of their goal last season, except the guy who scored touched it twice before scoring. Other than that I could not for the life of me understand City's tactics second half. We came out second half minus one of our central defenders and they took up lumping the ball forward, often too far to give their forwards a chance. With their number 9 looking very dangerous first half he just wasn't in it second and not through tighter marking.
Phil Roberts outshone Charlie throughout and I thought he was unlucky to pick up a booking. Elliot once again showed his versatility but slotting in for Vinty and playing superbly throughout. Bailey saved us a couple of times with smart saves. But for me Billy Crook played sensibly and distributed the ball excellently and also won balls in some very dangerous situations. Reminds me somewhat of Jamie Day.
It will be interesting to see him and Noble together. Probably our best signing this season and at the right time.
Chelmo will be a test, no doubt.
Nice to see that the NLP have Stringer getting Chelmsford ticking just in time for yesterdays result.
Elliott and Billy get my votes for yesterday, with Billy edging it.
Nice to see Taunton Dart commenting on the doom and gloom on here and then seeing our League placing. You really should try to understand it a little more TD. Best bet is to read Arthur's posts only.
Up the Darts. Let's take the game to Chelmo next week.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:07 am 
Elite Club

Looking at KSTDarts goal highlights, you have to wonder what the keeper was doing on Phil's first goal???? :o

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next