Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Man of the Match
Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Bailey Vose 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jordan Wynter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dan Johnson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ronnie Vint 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tom Bonner 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elliot Bradbrook 30%  30%  [ 13 ]
Billy Crook 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Ryan Hayes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ben Greenhalgh 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Phil Roberts 60%  60%  [ 26 ]
Charlie Sheringham 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jamie Philpot (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dan Darbyshire (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Andre Coker (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 pm 
Elite Club

Taunton Dart wrote:
Great to see that Elliot is still banging in the goals - he must be approaching 150 goals in a Darts shirt by now!

According to: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ng-196770/
It is 140 plus 1 today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm 

I thought we played really well today at times, knocking the ball round more rather than just lumping it down the pitch . Crook had a great debut and will defiantly improve the side, he slotted in very well and put in a good shift.
I thought after Vint had to go off we missed Elliot in the middle but he is the type of player that can play anywhere and what a strike for the opener. Roberts looks like he has settled in now and that was by far his best match for us , hopefully there will be much more of the same to come . MOTM for me is Elliot, a worldy of a goal and then solid at the back once move into defence

Bradbrook scores a sensational goal for Dartford V St. Albans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNsr56_WK6I

Roberts scores for Dartford V St. Albans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9gZL-3hHcs

Roberts scores Dartford’s winner V St. Albans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAFaWWGRCVE

Last edited by KSTDART on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm 
Elite Club

Perfect summary and great goal video to boot Kev, I really appreciate the effort you put in.

I'm still scratching my head with moving Bradders to the back when Wynter could have slotted in, especially when we had fullback cover on the bench. No disrespect to Ben but he doesn't look as comfortable in the middle. Oh well, I shouldn't complain but I feel that our management team got lucky today and they can thank Roberts for the best individual performance of the season to date, MoM for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 pm 

Great win for the Darts and agree, thought we played some really good stuff first half - liked Billy Crook a lot and a fine debut. Second half we missed Bradders in the middle badly but we stuck at it and got the result. Very good Roberts performance and goals - great run for the first - but MoTM for me was Bradders with a huge performance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:24 pm 

A great win. Apart from the first 25 not pretty. But let's all move on. The Essex boys next week. Let's get over in droves. Sing our hearts out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:54 pm 
Elite Club

Best I've seem Phil Roberts, Billy Crook had an excellent debut looking calm and composed (very different to Nobes whirlwind approach). As Jonty said moving Bradders back instead of Winter into the centre of defence did us few favours as it gave them more freedom in the middle of the park.
The guy I was with (an occasional visitor to PP) was ready to go after 80 mins to miss the rush, but I assured him we would get an 89th minute winner so he stayed!! MoM to Bradders for sterling work in two positions.
Nice to see Derren there too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:26 pm 

Arty Here and i apologise. But isn't it great as a club how we are heading. Quality players , quality squad and above all that legends leading us on with Fans as board members. Dave archer is about to announce a further 60 per cent reduction in monies at Gravesend. WE ARE CLASS AND WE ARE THE DARTS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:32 pm 

great post Arthur-a true supporter so refreshing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 am 

3 big points for us, I can't remember the last forward to score twice in a game for us but Phil Roberts looked very useful could he be the goal scorer Dartford have been searching for. Apart from switching off for their two goals we played well and considering we had to reorganise after losing Ronnie moving Elliot to defence we kept going. Our former player Tom Bender still looks a very decent player for St Albans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:43 am 
Elite Club

What can I say we won and that's 3 more points with a move into 6th place and should we win next week at Chelmsford and Concord lose to Billericay we would be in 4th place with a game in hand over Bath in 3rd.
What a crazy league we are in and it is looking as if the teams around us are performing in a similar way with just our goal difference letting us down a bit, but now we are scoring goals can we keep it up ?
First 25mins we played the best football I have seen this season and just a pity a couple of blips in defence let them get level but we didn't give up and despite us having to move Bradders into defence we were still able to score the winner, but can we stop conceding goals?
Roberts my M.O.M. and pleased for him as he could be our answer if this form is maintained.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next