Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:45 pm 
Elite Club

Capricorn25 wrote:
Rhythm Stick wrote:
It irks me that some of you otherwise lovely people pin the Chelmsford debacle on Ibrahim. He did flap at the corner which Hayes had inexplicably given away from 30 yards out (Hayes himself being extolled for scoring directly from a number of corners), so was probably half responsible for one point dropped, but don’t forget who it was that equalised long before that - the referee who awarded a penalty when there was absolutely no contact whatsoever. I can’t remember seeing a team awarded a penalty without any appeal before or since that one.

Sorry R.S , but it must of certainly irked Tony Burman to have dropped him for the rest of the season???

It did and he wasn't the only one. Believe me, I wasn't happy about what happened with that corner, but was a bit surprised that was it for DI for the remainder of the season. There were a number of supporters calling for Deren to be dropped following that game and TB made a good decision in doing so, as Berti performed consistently very well. My point is that three points were not dropped because of Ibrahim that day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:42 pm 
Elite Club

Arthur Horsefield wrote:
Arthur Here, being the silly old fool that I am I may have missed peoples messages about Tom Murphy. He's a lovely boy and I wondered if he was signing.
Over and out
Arthur

Tom Murphy has been invited back for pre season training so the management can have a look at him & decide if the wish to keep him plus see if Tom wishes to stay.
That's the last info that was given so he could well play on Saturday Vs Millwall.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:35 pm 
Elite Club

3 Live games at PP tomorrow, for the price of 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 pm 

PLAYER NEWS: https://www.dartfordfc.com/player-news- ... ren-mfula/
#dartsfc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:40 pm 
Elite Club

Unless it's because Sho Silva still couldn't fully commit because of his studying then I'm very surprised Jamie & Adam have let him go as I don't think we've got any real cover at the back if Bonner or Vint get injured.

Warren I can fully understand letting go but Richard I'm surprised about.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 pm 

The 5th Searcher wrote:
Unless it's because Sho Silva still couldn't fully commit because of his studying then I'm very surprised Jamie & Adam have let him go as I don't think we've got any real cover at the back if Bonner or Vint get injured.

Billy Roast looked decent against Millwall so wouldn’t be surprised if we went for him. He can also play in midfield.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 pm 
Elite Club

Very pleased that Tom Murphy is staying. A useful player. I was never convinced that he had TB's unqualified confidence. He may be a better player under the new management team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:34 pm 
Elite Club

Darren wrote:
The 5th Searcher wrote:

Billy Roast looked decent against Millwall so wouldn’t be surprised if we went for him. He can also play in midfield.

I've not been to either of the friendlies so far so haven't seen any of the new players or trialists yet to know who can or does play defence.

I'm glad that Murph is staying as well, hopefully he'll get more of a chance under the new management.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm 
Elite Club

Adam obviously knows a lot about Billy Roast as he was at Concord. Wouldn't be surprised if the Darts are showing some interest in the lad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:05 pm 
Elite Club

I suspect Roast will sign and that Jamie Coyle will also be registered as a player to provide further cover if there are injuries. It's good to hear that Alfie Cue is also going to be given a further chance. (See"Messenger" story today). That would bring the squad numbers up to fifteen ( not including Jamie).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next