Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Man of the Match
Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:27 pm
Bailey Vose 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Jordan Wynter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dan Johnson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ronnie Vint 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tom Bonner 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Ryan Hayes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lee Noble 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elliot Bradbrook 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Ben Greenhalgh 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Phil Roberts 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Darren McQueen 75%  75%  [ 18 ]
Andre Coker (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tom Murphy (Sub) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Billy Crook (Sub) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 pm 
Elite Club

As I started the Woking and Bath match threads, I thought I'd better get in quick and do the Slough game whilst I'm on a roll.
The squad has been strengthened and we are starting to see a more settled side and a much more positive approach and I really do think we've turned a significant corner. I don't expect us to win every week, but I'm convinced we now have a squad good enough to mount a serious challenge and if we keep being positive and going for it like we did in the last two games, then I think we'll win a lot more than we'll lose. Whatever the result, we do now have a team to be proud of again.
Can't wait for Saturday to get here.

COYD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:35 pm 
Elite Club

this wont be easy on their plastic pitch but hopefully where come away with 3 points...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 pm 
Elite Club

It's quite simple, it's the goal scoring. I haven't had much doubt about our defence all season - Bonner and Vint are Premier standard and the two boys either side are turning in great performances week in, week out. Our problem has been in front of goal - we found our shooting boots on Saturday and won, nearly didn't on Tuesday and turned what would have been a disappointing draw into a memorable win (albeit thanks to the two sendings off), but poor output up front is the reason we had a negative goal difference up until Saturday, yet have been nestling in and around the play-off places. Whether this is a consequence of poor personnel up front or incorrect tactics or a bit of both, hopefully the team has overcome its frailties now and if we can average two goals per game instead of one, I think we'll stay in the top six.

Quite looking forward to revisiting Sluff as it wasn't quite finished over there last time we went and looked pretty promising.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 pm 
Elite Club

I'm not sure the squad has been strengthened Spike unless I failed to see the revolving door turn again! The one thing that was annoying about Saturday was the fact that we didn't really have options on the bench that could have changed a game. Luckily, by the time the subs were on the game was wrapped up. However, I will have to give credit where credit is due that one of our management team has come to the conclusion that the team is better with Ryan playing than sitting on the bench. I'm convinced that had some supporters not voiced their concerns about team selection, players playing out of position, poor signings and most importantly, leaving your best players on the bench we would still be in a muddle.

Anyway, hope that is behind us and our strongest starting eleven stay fit because Crook, Murphy and AP apart we are short. Maybe one of the managers will give the wheel of fortune another spin. At least things have settled down and I have more confidence about getting a result again. Long may it continue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:04 pm 

Jonty wrote:
I'm not sure the squad has been strengthened Spike unless I failed to see the revolving door turn again! The one thing that was annoying about Saturday was the fact that we didn't really have options on the bench that could have changed a game. Luckily, by the time the subs were on the game was wrapped up. However, I will have to give credit where credit is due that one of our management team has come to the conclusion that the team is better with Ryan playing than sitting on the bench. I'm convinced that had some supporters not voiced their concerns about team selection, players playing out of position, poor signings and most importantly, leaving your best players on the bench we would still be in a muddle.

Anyway, hope that is behind us and our strongest starting eleven stay fit because Crook, Murphy and AP apart we are short. Maybe one of the managers will give the wheel of fortune another spin. At least things have settled down and I have more confidence about getting a result again. Long may it continue.

"Stand by your beds" Tin Hats at the ready!!! INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 pm 
Elite Club

Really looking forward to the game as there is a buzz around again and i'm quietly confident we can get a good result there.
Not been to Slough's ground and looks quite nice:-

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... -park.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm 
Elite Club

Capricorn25 wrote:
Jonty wrote:

"Stand by your beds" Tin Hats at the ready!!! INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I'm already in Arty's little red book, along with the 5th, Duke & Trevor B. I will be over that way over the weekend as one of my twin boys is meeting the Chemistry Professor at Surrey University. Just need to break the news to the missus, now I don't want to be in her black book as it's a lot scarier than Arty's! She is like Lee Noble's nastier Twin sister, all 5 foot 2 of her and 7 stone. Don't know how to break the news yet...any ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 am 

Last time I was there we won 3-2 in the FA cup a couple of seasons ago and at that time the ground wasn't completed but it looks decent enough now. Apart from Oxford City's manky old pitch we don't seem to do bad on plastic so lets hope our run continues and our team treat us to some more spectacular goals as per Bath.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:57 am 
Elite Club

Well we have a decent 3G pitch ourselves so this should be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:34 pm 
Elite Club

Slough had the ball black and blue at PP, long ball tactics, hit hard. Up and across the pitch. Expect little else on Saturday. Maybe they have to hit it hard on that surface, not a lover of it.
Once again a solid back four is needed, if we get that the rest will sort itself out. Hopefully, job done. But not expecting it to be easy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next