Pure DFC

The Unofficial Dartford FC forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Non sequitur thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:42 am 
Elite Club

In other news, anyone at the Dartford festival was denied a decent set by Protostereo yesterday. They were scheduled to start at 5, but due to overrunning of the previous acts and possibly one or two technical hitches, actually began an hour later and were only allotted TWO songs. What followed afterwards was pretty bizarre as the compère came in for some abuse by the crowd and turned on his own audience, firstly shushing them a few times then dropping an f-bomb (I think it was actually f**k off!) followed by a bollocks. This, in front of hundreds of families! Pretty sure it’s the same guy who has been there for a number of years, will be interesting to see if he’s back today!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:14 pm 
Elite Club

DA Mikey wrote:
In other news, anyone at the Dartford festival was denied a decent set by Protostereo yesterday. They were scheduled to start at 5, but due to overrunning of the previous acts and possibly one or two technical hitches, actually began an hour later and were only allotted TWO songs. What followed afterwards was pretty bizarre as the compère came in for some abuse by the crowd and turned on his own audience, firstly shushing them a few times then dropping an f-bomb (I think it was actually f**k off!) followed by a bollocks. This, in front of hundreds of families! Pretty sure it’s the same guy who has been there for a number of years, will be interesting to see if he’s back today!

I didn't go but we know members of ProtoStereo and they are gutted at what happened.
If you want to catch up with them their next gig is at the Manor Farm Barn, Southfleet on 27th July.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 am 
Elite Club

DA Mikey wrote:
Well you called that one right MJ, Twickenham station was shut after their gig last night leading to chaos and pandemonium. I was in Twickenham today but drove. Don't want anyone worrying.

Ok good on yer Mikey! Any more references to Dartford at the gig? :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:31 pm 
Elite Club

Been frequently aboard the Malibus this sizzling summer. Good tipple if you have a sweet tooth and don't mind being a bit of a girl. Lidl's Coconut Cove for £4quid odd is just the job.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:57 am 
Elite Club

Impressed to see on thedarts.eu site that the first set of directions given are by plane from London City Airport. Kudos on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 pm 
Elite Club

BURNS RETIRES.

Sad day as dense fog has brought forward the retirement of John Burns - my favourite Woolwich Ferry boat - along with his two other floaty mates. Thanks for your semi-reliable crossings over the years, particularly during my Aloft hotel days on an early skive home.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 pm 
Elite Club

This might be common knowledge, but only today did I discover that detractors of Neil Warnock refer to him as “Colin”, since his name is an anagram of Colin Wanker.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:09 pm 

DA Mikey wrote:
This might be common knowledge, but only today did I discover that detractors of Neil Warnock refer to him as “Colin”, since his name is an anagram of Colin Wanker.

I think it is common knowledge. Still funny though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:38 pm 
Elite Club

Circus of Horrors at the Orchard on Tuesday. Have seen before at Download but had a bit better focus this time. Nothing to be taken seriously, but considering we got tickets for a tenner it was decent entertainment. Tits, tricks and rock and roll :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:00 am 
Elite Club

Mikey

An earlier post mentioned Protostereo.

They will be performing at the Orchard on March 29th (Standing gig only)

https://orchardtheatre.co.uk/Online/tic ... rtord-2019